5 Actionable Tips for B2B Marketers to Elevate Their Video Content Strategy
Video marketing is an essential tool for B2B marketers, as it offers a powerful way to showcase products, services, and thought leadership. According to a survey by Demand Metric, 69% of B2B marketing professionals have increased their use of video marketing in recent years (Demand Metric, 2020). We discuss five tips to help B2B marketers effectively leverage video content in their marketing strategies.
- Create Educational Content B2B marketers can benefit from creating educational video content, such as tutorials, webinars, and product demos, to help potential clients understand their offerings and value proposition. According to HubSpot, 97% of marketers claim that videos help customers understand products better (HubSpot, 2017). For example, Salesforce, a leading customer relationship management (CRM) software provider, regularly produces webinars and tutorial videos to educate customers on product features and industry best practices (Salesforce, 2021).
To create effective educational content, consider these tips:
- Focus on addressing common pain points and questions from your target audience
- Keep videos concise and well-organized, using visuals to illustrate key concepts
- Encourage viewer engagement by inviting questions and feedback in the comments or via social media
- Optimise your video for the platform you are using (e.g. videos of fewer than 2 minutes in length typically perform better on LinkedIn)
- Leverage Thought Leadership Thought leadership videos, such as interviews, panel discussions, and industry insights can help B2B marketers position their brand as a trusted authority in their industry. According to Edelman and LinkedIn, 88% of decision-makers believe thought leadership content is effective in enhancing their perception of a company (Edelman & LinkedIn, 2019). A great example is the “TED@IBM” series, in which IBM partners with TED to create inspiring talks on topics like AI, cybersecurity, and data analytics (TED@IBM, 2020).
To create thought leadership videos, consider these ideas:
- Partner with industry influencers and experts to share their insights and perspectives
- Address current trends, challenges, and opportunities in your industry
- Showcase your company’s unique solutions and innovations
- Develop Customer Testimonials and Case Studies Customer testimonials and case studies can provide powerful social proof for B2B marketers, as they showcase real-world success stories and the value of their products or services. According to a study by BrightLocal, 91% of B2B buyers are influenced by customer testimonials and online reviews (BrightLocal, 2021). Slack, a popular collaboration tool, features video case studies on their website, demonstrating how companies across various industries have successfully integrated their platform (Slack, 2021).
To create impactful customer testimonials and case studies, follow these guidelines:
- Choose customers who represent your target audience and have experienced significant success with your product or service
- Focus on the challenges your customers faced and how your solution helped them overcome those obstacles
- Use a storytelling approach to make the content engaging and relatable
- Utilize Webinars and Virtual Events Webinars and virtual events have become increasingly popular in the B2B space, as they offer an interactive and cost-effective way to reach and educate potential clients. According to ON24, 75% of B2B buyers view webinars as a valuable source of information during the decision-making process (ON24, 2018). Adobe, a leading software company, hosts the annual Adobe Summit, a virtual event featuring keynote speakers, workshops, and product demos, to engage their audience and showcase their latest innovations (Adobe, 2021).
To create successful webinars and virtual events, consider these tips:
- Choose relevant and timely topics that address the needs and interests of your target audience
- Promote your event through various channels, such as email, social media, and your website
- Encourage engagement during the event by incorporating interactive elements like polls, Q&A sessions, and live chats
B2B marketers can significantly enhance their marketing strategies by incorporating video content in various formats, such as educational content, thought leadership, customer testimonials, LinkedIn optimization, and webinars. By following these actionable tips and learning from the provided examples, B2B marketers can effectively engage their target audience, establish trust, and drive conversions.