GDPR: A Quick Compliance Checklist
GDPR is fast becoming a hot topic, and many marketers who contact us are confused about their obligations. Below is a simple, clear checklist of the GDPR compliance steps that will be included in our guides.
- Define opt-in status for all contacts
- Ensure new contacts will be compliant
- Build opt-in campaigns to ensure you retain existing contacts
- Make sure your sales team understands its obligations to GDPR and your processes
- Prepare for GDPR’s Subject Access Request Process
- Audit external parties that you share contact data with. Are you being transparent with your contacts? Are your partner’s processes robust?
- Review and update your privacy page in line with GDPR requirements (this needs to be reviewed and agreed by a specialist lawyer)
- Remove non-compliant contacts from your database before May 25th, 2018.
Critical to this process is keeping clear, written records of every step you have taken. Remember, you want to be able to demonstrate to any relevant party that you have done everything that can be reasonably expected in order to achieve compliance.
Click below for access to our forthcoming mini-guides towards GDPR compliance.
Click here to access our step-by-step guides and checklists towards GDPR complianceGive me the guides